Thursday, January 04, 2007

The Rubber Band Ball Theory of the Universe

I see the Universe and `all there is’, like one of those balls with tight elastic bands inside. The rubber comes apart on the outside and there are all these pieces, yet they stay connected because of the rubber bands. So there are all these particles `out in space’ yet they all attached, so if you flick one of the parts, it all still reverberates, even on the other side of the ball.

Also, what we call `the space in between’ the parts of the ball, is not really space, not empty. It is also a mass, we just can’t see all the gases and such with our naked eye. So, in reality, we are not just all connected, but we are in fact, all the one thing: the ball.

We could also use the human body in the same way to explain how everything in the Universe is all connected, and one organism. We could label parts of us with different names, like we do parts of the Universe. My head could be Saturn (for example), and my hand could be Pluto. My knee could be Earth, and my bum could be… well take a guess.

So if the Universe is connected like the parts of my body is to me, and whatever one of us feels, we all feel. Whatever another planet feels, we feel on earth too. So as individuals we DO all make a difference to how the world and the Universe works. We ARE the difference. People always get overwhelmed with the problems that lie on the other side of the planet and say “but what can I do to help?”

But I point to my knee (earth) and dig my finger-nails in (Pluto), and that hurts! I feel it in different parts of my body (the universe) “ Ow, ow” I say, screwing up my face. But yet I look up at you and say “But what can I do to help?”

“Ow ow” I say again, leaning over and digging my nails in. “But I’m just one person.”

Do you see how funny that is, and how ludicrous?

I think this is what they call biting off your nose to spite your face, but instead, your biting off your nose while your teeth say, “but what can I do to help?”

Everything we do affects everyone else, and the whole of the planet earth, and every other planet out there. How do our choices change now that we have this information? How do the questions we ask in life change? What decisions do we ask our leaders to make?

Act as if you are separate from nothing and no one, and you could heal your world tomorrow – Neal Donald Walsh

No comments: