Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The Next Step

I wrote a few weeks ago about doing what’s right in front of you (6.11.06): I call it The Next Step. When I feel frustrated that I’m not making progress towards my dreams, it’s usually because I’m either thinking of the past (like the work I’ve put in) or looking into the future (when I have my dream) and their not matching up.

I find a great way to get me back on track, feeling good, and centred in the present is to ask myself `what is the next step?’ And the next step is always what I’d love to do now, that I CAN do now. Next time you’re feeling frustrated or confused, ask yourself what it is in that moment, that you’d love to do, that you CAN do. Because life WAS meant to be easy, and this is the mechanism that makes it so.

Stuart Wilde knows about easy living. He wrote a book called Life Was Never Meant to be a Struggle. Check it out at www.stuartwilde.com

No comments: