Saturday, November 25, 2006

Freecycle

A website that gets my thumbs up is Freecycle.

It’s an international site for recycling anything you want to get rid of, and for getting some great bargains as well. If you offer up something for free, you can get stuff for free as well. It’s easy to find what’s available in your local area and the link below gets you to the Australian section.

All you need do is email the person advertising the goods and go pick them up. Or email your local group with what you’ve got on offer, and whoever wants it will arrange a time to pick it up.

It’s not just for junk either, everything is up for grabs that people can’t or don’t want to sell, including baby clothes, cots, CDs, electronics, clothes and furnishings. You name it, Freecycle give it away. A great use of bartering and reutilising resources: It gets my thumbs up.

www.freecycle.org/display.php?region=Australia

FREECYCLE.ORG

"When you recycle one glass bottle, you save the amount of energy needed to light a 100 watt bulb for 4 hours" – Freecycle

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, my whole family uses the site. I joined several groups that I'm near by, not just my local one.

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine,
Yes, I like FREECYCLE too!

I've used it a few times to get and receive items.

Two thumbs up from me too.

- Chris (bebel)