Monday, December 04, 2006

How to Heal The World

When I see that I am separate from nothing and no one, I am part of the universe and the universe is part of me. That means that all of the universe is contained within me. Actually, the entire universe is contained in every cell in my body. So I can visualise my body and see the universal flow of health, wealth and wisdom circle through it.

If my body is the universe, then I can allow healing of my body, and I can also, by healing my body, heal the Universe and my world. This is what we mean by Heal Yourself: Heal the World. What it means is that if we heal what is not flowing in our bodies, we heal what is not flowing in the universe (and vice versa).

So if I wanted to replace war in the world with peace, all I need to do is see or feel on my body (universe) that which is war (dis-ease) and fill it with peace. I can see or feel where peace is in my body, and take that and put it wherever there is war. It’s the same with poverty: I heal it with prosperity. Where there is sickness, I heal it with perfect health.

That is why, if you truly want world peace, and world prosperity, and world health, all you need to do is heal those things within yourself. You don’t need to go to rallies, you don’t need to join groups, you don’t need to shout your grievances to the White House(unless that is what you love). In fact, doing these things may only serve to create more of your grievance. One, because you're giving it lots of energy and whatever you give a lot of energy and passion to becomes real. And two, it takes you away from the real task at hand - healing yourself.

Healing Meditation: Visualise your body and know that it represents the universe. Ask yourself where there is love and peace in your body and see those areas: they’ll be glowing or a lovely colour, or you’ll feel a pleasant sensation there. Then ask yourself where in your body there is war, famine, poverty etc and see or feel that n your body. It may show up as a murky colour, or feel blocked or painful. Then with your mind, take a part of the area that is love and peace, and put it in the area that is blocked, and see it change from murky to radiating brilliant colours (or whatever it is you see or feel as peace etc). Do this on every area of your body that needs it, until your whole body is glowing in glorious colour, and know that you have healed yourself, and indeed, the universe. This could be your daily prayer for peace in the world, and healing for yourself.

“Act as if you were separate from nothing and no one and you can heal your world tomorrow.” Neal Donald Walsh

No comments: