Monday, December 11, 2006

A Dialogue with my Creator

One day I asked my creator

`How do I get all the things I desire? How do I become the person I long to be?’

And my creator replied...

My child I will show you the way, but you must follow my every direction.

'Of course', I said. 'But I am so scared I will go wrong. How will I know, absolutely, what it is you ask of me?'

The creator replied...

I will put it in your heart as your greatest wish. Whenever you do not absolutely know the way forward, put your hand on your heart and ask yourself what is the very next thing you would love to do. If you do this, then you will be following my directions perfectly.

‘Wow’, I said, ‘it will be very easy to do as you ask’.

I went on my way, but the things I truly wanted, seemed out of reach. They cost money, and I had none. I wondered if I had made it all up. After all, doing whatever you love to do as a path to my creator seemed too good to be true when I thought about it. So I asked again.

'What do I do? I need money to do the things I love. You haven’t given me any so how am I supposed to do what it is you ask? Are you sure this is the way I do it?’

Trust in me. I will provide all you need, answered the Creator.

And so I did. I trusted that whatever I wanted to do, there would be money there; and there was. Mostly they were actually small things, and sometimes they didn’t cost money at all. I learnt not to judge where the money was coming from, just that I knew it was there for me to use, for now.

Sometimes I wouldn’t do something I loved and then I found myself becoming angry with the creator and demanding where my money was and demanding it to tell me what my path was. At the end of these outbursts though, I would invariably return to the only words I knew, loved and trusted. ‘Do what I love’. And I learnt that every time I thought I was lost, it was only because I didn’t trust, didn’t follow the directions. I already knew what the next step was, I was just too afraid to take that leap of faith that was asked of me. I was asked to take that leap time and time again, and it was hard. Still, it was the only message that kept coming, and it was often also my last resort. In times of anguish I would say to myself.

`This is too hard. I give up. The only thing I want to do is….., and seeing as I don’t care about what happens to me, I will just do that, even if it is the last thing I ever do.’

And of course, I knew that that was exactly what my creator wanted me to do. I wasn’t giving up: I was surrendering. I was saying to myself that whatever happens to me, I will only do what I love. See the perfection? And through those experiences I realised that the right path for me was always doing whatever was the next thing that I loved.

And one day I stopped struggling with my next task and all its risks. And on that day I realised what they mean when they say that life is blessed. That it is NOT too good to be true. Our destiny, the job our creator wants each and every one of us to do, is right there, in our dreams. And all we have to do is have faith, take a leap, and do whatever it is that we love, in every single moment. When we do that, we are on the path that our creator set for us. And it’s a quick path as well! And the more faith we have, the more we walk that road, the more easily it becomes, and the quicker we find our dreams. And you know it’s all true, that the journey is as fun, as exciting, as amazing as joyful, as the destination: so much so that I never wanted to reach my destination. And guess what? I don’t have to. Because every time now I reach my destination, another one shows itself in the distance like a magical oasis. And my feeling is that it is only there because I love it being there. If I just wanted to live with the dreams that had come, that would be what was presented to me, and I’d be happy with that. So what was promised me, and more, has come to be. I have everything I desire, and have become, through my journey, every thing I’ve wanted to be.

So one day I asked my creator...

'Why is it that you keep giving me gifts that I haven’t even asked for?'

And the Creator answered

I am like the loving parent who knows what the infant requires and desires before the babe even knows the desire exists. And therefore in my infinite wisdom I added some extra wording to your wish-list the day you called my name. And that was
~ whatever she desires and wishes to become now, and everything that she desires and wishes to become in the future, and all that she desires and wishes to become for all time is hers ~

And another day I asked the Creator...

‘Why do I have to go through the journey to get to my destination? Why can’t I just have what I want now?’

To that the creator replied...

Your journey IS your destination: it is the same thing. That is because all of your destinations get you to me. And I am the only true destination. Everything else that you thought was your destination was just an illusion.

‘How will I know then, when I get to you?’ I asked.

Because you will know yourself as me. You will know we are one and the same, the creator replied.

But I still don’t understand. What will it feel like to be one and the same as you?

It feels the same as it feels when you are doing what you love. Because when you are doing what you love, you are expressing the highest part of you, the part of you that is love. And that, of course, is me. I AM the highest part of you: that part of you that is pure love. And that is also why the journey IS the destination, because by doing what you love to get there, you are being me, which is your true destination.

No comments: