Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The Solution to Eco Friendly but Ugly Cars

I’ve thought for a while that I would one day buy a car when manufacturers came up with a sexy eco-friendly model.

I’m not just talking about an LPG-run car, but a truly all-round enfren product from the car seats to the fuel. So far I haven’t found one that looks good as well.

I’ve just realised the solution was there all along. Instead of forking out 30 to 40 grand for an ugly enfren car, I can buy a used diesel model, any one I like, and fill it up with filtered vegetable oil from my local organic vego restaurants!

It’s easy to do, uses up cooking oil that would otherwise be put into land fill, is the cheapest fuel around, and I get to reuse a car to boot (ha ha).

If you’re interested in making diesel fuel from recycled cooking oil, check out these websites.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biodiesel

www.dancingrabbit.org/biodiesel/vegetable_oil_fuel.php

http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_svo.html

www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk/

No comments: