Sunday, April 01, 2007

Fair Trade Easter Eggs

The issue before last in Action Change I mentioned that fair traded easter eggs are now available in Australia, and now I've found some more.

They are available in Oxfam shops and come in little easter egg bags $8.50 or single big ones $7.50. They definitely have them in the Centrepoint shop because I went there today and saw them!

Otherwise you can get the Scarborough Fair ones through Coles, Woolies and some organic/health food stores.
Adios!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine, I'm glad to hear that fair trade Easter eggs are available in supermarkets. However none of the Coles and Woolies stores I have looked in (all of them are in the Sydney CBD) have been stocking them.

This is a bit last minute, but do you know of particular supermarkets that have them?

Kind regards,
Emma

christine butler said...

Hi Emma

I haven't seen the fair trade eggs in the supermarkets this year. The closest are the organic eggs that K-mart are selling (Green and Blacks label)

You may need to a Macro store, or to other large organic stores in Sydney. Otherwise I know that the Oxfam shops are selling them - I've seen them in the Centrepoint store and the Broadway shopping centre store.

It's a bummer supermarkets aren't stocking them this year. Good luck on your hunt!

Christine